Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gyan endorses Yaya for AFoTY

Ghana national team captain Asamoah Gyan says Yaya Toure will get his vote for this year’s CAF African Player of the Year award.
Although the Al Ain player has been nominated for the accolade as well, the Black Star admits to the Ivorian's superior form in the year under review.
"Although I am no longer in England and I don’t play in that country, I do watch most of their games, and even the UEFA Champions League, and Manchester City are doing well all because of Yaya."
Speaking to football411 Gyan went on give context for his endorsement of the former Barcelona man: "(Toure) has been fantastic for both club and country and for me he deserves this year’s award more than anyone of the names (on the list)."
"They (City) lost their coach (Roberto Mancini) and a new one has taken over (Manuel Pellegrini), but he (Toure) is still doing well. He has also been able to help his nation, Ivory Coast, qualify for the upcoming World Cup in Brazil. He scored some fantastic goals so, for me, he deserves it more than any other player to win the best player on the African continent."
"I deserve to be there"
He has had a great year, so it is curious that Gyan is endorsing Yaya Toure ahead of himself. Does he, perhaps feel, his place in the nominations is not deserved?
"I scored almost 40 goals for my club, I qualified my team (Ghana) to the semi-finals of the African Cup of Nations just this year. The people that selected me know that I have done well and that was why they named me in the final list."
The facts back up his claims. The year 2013 has seen the national team captain score nine goals in 11 games for his country. And then there's the 31 goals in 22 games for Al Ain in the same period to help his club win the UAE premiership.
Gyan won the Arabian Golden Shoe for being top scorer in all of Arabia.
"It’s not easy for a player to score almost 40 goals for one club a season, so for me I will continue to do what I know best, and that’s play and score more goals for my club and country and if it’s my time I will win the award."

The Caf Awards will be in Lagos, Nigeria on January 9, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on