Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Odemwingie vows to hit goals for Stoke

Nigerian striker, Peter Odemwingie insists he will hit the ground running at Barclays English Premier League club, Stoke City.
The attacker was part of an exchange deal that saw Kenwyne Jones move to Cardiff City.
Odemwingie has now set his sights on scoring goals for the Potters in the second half of the 2013/14 season.
"One of my strongest qualities is being able to put the ball into the back of the net, with either my right foot or my left foot, and I intend on doing that regularly here,” he told the club’s official website.
Odemwingie is one of the most experienced players in England’s top flight and he believes that will be a factor to a happy time at the Britannia Stadium.
"I like to get myself into good positions on the field whereby I can get opportunities, and I know that with the quality of players here at the club, there will be days where we do create a lot of chances to score the goals.
"I am sure that the manager (Mark Hughes) and his staff know about me and I am certain they will use me to my strengths.
"They are very knowledgeable people and they must feel that I can bring something different to the team. That gives me a lot of confidence and belief in myself.
"I am really hoping for a long and successful time with Stoke City," he said.
Odemwingie is on an 18-month contract with Stoke, could make his debut in Wednesday's league match at Sunderland.
The Nigeria international only joined Cardiff in September and after scoring twice in his first four games as a Bluebirds player, he did not manage another goal in the 13 further appearances he made for the Welsh outfit.
Prior to that he was with West Bromwich Albion, for whom he scored a total of 30 top-flight goals over three seasons, with 15 of them coming in 2010/11, his first campaign in English football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on