Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bassey waives off Tenger

Akwa United technical director, Charles Bassey has stoutly denied involvement in the resignation of the side coach, Justin Tenger.
Tenger had in the wake of his resignation from the Uyo-based side he steered away from relegation in the out gone 2012/13 Glo Premier League season specifically mentioned the director as the main reason why he walked away from the side.
However in a stout denial of the accusation levelled on his person, Bassey said he had healthy working relationship with the side gaffer while his tenure lasted and was shocked to be fingered negatively in his resignation from the side he reigned for a season.
"I never had any problem with coach Justin Tenger in Akwa United, I had good relationship with him throughout his stay.
"Tenger came to Akwa United to sign one year contract which elapsed on Sunday, October 20 though with an option of renewal but he chose to resign so how could I've been the reason he quitted the side.
"Tenger told us at the time he endorsed his contract that Akwa United will be the last team to coach thereafter he'll quietly retire to his home town.
"I'm surprised to hear he's saying he has a season more to finally quit coaching.
"We had past coaches before him and they left the club on a happy note so why is he trying to create disaffection where none exists. We had Godwin Uwua, Solomon Ogbeide, among others.
"I'll be stupid to have problem with coaches I helped to employ what do I stand to gain," Bassey said to supersport.com.
Bassey equally denied knowledge that coach Tenger lost his elder brother on the eve of the side last day match at Kwara United in Lokoja.
"Tenger never told me he lost his elder brother on the eve of our match at Kwara United, he never mentioned it to me, I was there with them in Lokoja to lend my own technical and moral support.
"Similar incident happened in the past we just lost a game 1-3 to Enugu Rangers in Enugu only to be told that the coach has left for his home town for pension exercise and I was not told.
"What a manner of coach is he and here he is labelling me an insensitive person.
"Its a normal practice for coaches to submit their technical report at the end of a season it helps teams to appraise the past season and plan for the new one.
"I don't think that was a crime asking him to submit his even though I never knew he lost a brother.
"Ordinarily, I've refused to join issue with him but decided to bare everything I've no grudge against him, he signed one year contract he is done with it and he has left.
"We're the one to complain as he didn't submit his report before quitting his job but we've decided to forge ahead and prepare for the upcoming season.
"The players are supposed to return from break on Tuesday I'm available as technical director to receive them pending the time management will decide on new coach," Bassey said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on