Friday, November 15, 2013

Reuben back on the prowl

Kilmarnock FC of Scotland and Super Eagles midfielder Gabriel Reuben is glad to be back in the national team fold again after injuries kept him out for nearly a year from the team and hopes to stay put this time around.
The lanky former Kano Pillars star, says he is a very happy man that he has been recalled and is grateful to Coach Stephen Keshi for giving him another shot at the Super Eagles.
Reuben told supersport.com in Calabar that: "I'm over the moon because I am back to the national team against after a long while due to injuries.
"It means the world to me that the coach still rates me even after calling new players to the team. My gratitude knows no bounds and I'm willing to give more than necessary to help the cause.
"For a coach to show so much confidence in a player can only spur him to do exploits." Reuben added.
The Kaduna born player has endured a torrid 2013, and hopes that his injury worries are far behind him, as he plans to rediscover the form that made him a fans favorite while in the domestic scene.
"I'm fit as fiddle and I hope to get my form back as soon as possible. I haven't played competitive football for a long time, but that is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
"The most important thing is that I'm here and back for good to continue to give my best to Nigeria" He enthused.
Gabriel Reuben was coy about his future at the Scottish club and would rather speak about the game with Ethiopia.
"Let's talk about the Ethiopia game and what it holds for us" he answered ,when asked about his life in the Scottish League.
"My prerogative now is to try and make the team ( Super Eagles ) qualify for the World Cup, that's the number one target.
"When that is done, then I can tell you all you need to know about my club future, but for now I would rather talk about he Super Eagles."
Gabriel Reuben emerged the winner of the League Bloggers Award most valuable player two seasons ago ,and moved from Kano Pillars to Kilmarnock FC in Scotland, where injuries prevented him from making any official appearance for the Killies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on