Friday, November 15, 2013

Nsofor keen to provide his experience

Obinna Nsofor is no doubt the most experienced Striker in the super eagles as they prepare to face Ethiopia in the Brazil 2014 qualifiers in Calabar tomorrow.
During the 2006 AFCON a young forward Obinna Nsofor exploded into the consciousness of most Nigerians with his performances in the few matches he played in. He even scored a cracking goal in the quarter-final victory over Tunisia - Nigeria going through on pens.
Nsofor went on to play in two other tournaments but failed to make the squad that finally won it this year. However, he is back in the team on the cusp of qualifying for the World Cup again and he is thrilled to be back in.
"Oh it is an absolute honour to be back playing for Nigeria again. There is nothing in football better than playing for your country, a privilege I have never taken for granted". He said with such boyish charm and smile you have to believe him.
Asked if he was sad that at missing out on the AFCON win "no way! I was rooting for the team and I celebrated with them when they won" He continues "those previous tournaments I played in gave me memories I will cherish forever in that I was able to play in the same teams as Kanu Nwankwo and JJ Okocha. I used to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming"
Nsofor has had a quite nomadic career having been in Italy, England and now with Lokomotive of Moscow "we are doing well in the league - second in the table - but I want to play more. I am not comfortable just being a bit part player so who knows by January I might have a look at things again".
As one who is a big fan of a player who is very quick, very two footed and can play as a striker or wide forward, this reporter had to ask him this: when are you going to settle down at one club so that the world can actually see how very good you are?
"I agree with you that I need to settle down and I want to do so within the next season" reminded that West Ham fans actually wanted him to stay "problem was that I don't think West Ham could afford the financial commitments at the time. I loved my time with them there"
For the Ethiopia match Nsofor wants it to be a perfect 2013 for Nigerian football "we have won the AFCON and the U-17 world cup so it will just be perfect to add the world cup qualification to crown it all"! Nigerians all over are hoping so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on