Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Madaki not in a rush

Giwa FC left-back Chris Madaki is undecided about his future as clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) scramble for his signature.
The former Juth FC defender, who was part of Nigeria’s ill-fated African Nations Championship (Chan) campaign, is currently holidaying in Jos as he ponders his next move.
Madaki is being sought after by Kano Pillars, Enugu Rangers, Nasarawa United and an unnamed club in North Africa.
“I don’t know my destination yet as I have been getting calls from some big clubs in the country since I came back from Rwanda,” Madaki told supersport.com.
“The truth is I’m not sure where I will be for the next season as I’m currently looking at what is on the table for me.
“You just don’t jump on offers, you need to study them to make sure they will suit you and the conditions are good.
“Above all, one needs to pray to God for guidance on such things, but I will make a decision soon.”
Madaki also reflected on Nigeria’s poor outing at the just-concluded Chan tournament, saying it was a bitter-sweet experience for him.
Nigeria were knocked out of the competition at the group stage which resulted in a backlash from the media and fans.
Like a lot of Super Eagles players, Madaki was apologetic and asked the fans to forgive the team for what transpired in Rwanda.
“It’s something I want to quickly forget because it keeps lingering in my head all the time. I wish it was different but it isn’t,” he said.
“We had high hopes going into the tournament but it wasn’t to be. I want to still apologise to Nigerians.
“It was good for me because it was my first time representing my country in an international tournament but bad because of the way and manner we were eliminated.
“I want Nigerians to forgive us, believe and keep supporting the league because we have very good players here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on