Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mpontshane admits to No 1 battle

Siyabonga Mpontshane admits he faces a battle to gain the No 1 jersey at new club Orlando Pirates.
The goalkeeper, who arrived last month from Platinum Stars, will have to unseat Brighton Mhlongo, who has worn the gloves since the murder of Senzo Meyiwa last October.
And although his experience suggests he will jump the queue, the player himself is not so sure.
“Joining Pirates does not mean that the hard work is finished,” he told the club’s website. “In fact, if anything, the real work starts now. No one is guaranteed a starting berth at Pirates, the quality is such that a player must always be on form and that is what I have told myself having joined Pirates.”
The 28-year-old has been linked with Pirates before and having worked with club administrator Floyd Mbele at Stars, finally got the nod.
“I am delighted to have finally signed for Pirates,” he said. “In the past there was talk that I could be joining them so now that it has happened I can say it’s a dream come true.
“Every player growing up in South Africa has the ambition to play for either Pirates or (Kaizer) Chiefs and I am no different.
“I am looking forward to the new challenge and I hope that all goes to plan because this (move) as I said before – is a dream come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on