Thursday, March 26, 2015

Chakawa back in training after accident

Green Eagles goalkeeper Satchmo Chakawa is back in training after rupturing his spleen in a car accident last December.
Chakawa sustained the injury on December 11 en route for Zambia’s 2015 Africa Cup pre-tournament training camp in Lusaka, in a car accident that claimed one life.
“I have resumed training. I started light training last week so I guess sooner or later I will be back in action,” Chakawa said.
“The Doctor’s had given me twelve weeks in which to completely rest and heal which ended on March 14.
“I went for review on March 10 and I feel like a newly born baby. I am starting from point one. I guess it will be a very emotional day when I play my first competitive game.”
Also injured in that accident were fellow Zambia call-up’s defender Nyambe Mulenga of Zesco United who broke his leg and Chambishi FC midfielder Changwe Kalale who suffered a spinal injury and has left him bed-ridden.
Chakawa was an instrumental player in Eagles campaign last year following their promotion, helping them to a seventh place finish in the 2014 Faz Super League season.
His performances earned him a call-up for Zambia’s friendly against Cote d’Ivoire on October 25 that ended 1-1 in Lusaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on