Friday, March 27, 2015

Egypt coach happy with positive start

Egypt head coach, Hector Cuper, has expressed happiness after he guided his team to a 2-0 friendly victory over Equatorial Guinea on Thursday.
The Pharaohs played their first match under the leadership of the Argentine coach in Cairo behind closed doors and started off well though Equatorial Guinea held on till the last five minutes before they were carved open.
"I am happy after this win. It means so much for me. It's a good start for me and the team. I am satisfied with this game," Cuper said after the match.
"Before this game I wanted to see my players on the pitch and I wanted to watch the defence and they were good. I will watch more matches when the league will be back and will call new faces to the national team."
The Egyptian league will resume on March 30 after more than month of suspension following the Air Defense Stadium disaster where 22 fans died before a football match.
Cuper is hoping he can dampen the gloomy atmosphere in the North African nation's football, especially surrounding the Pharaohs, who have failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations in recent years.
The Argentine says he is braced for the pressure cooker of the job as Egypt's head coach.
"Egypt didn't qualify for the last three versions of Africa Cup of Nations and that makes me and the technical staff work under pressure; to be honest I like to work under pressure. I can promise the fans that I will do my best."

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on