Thursday, March 26, 2015

Simon upbeat about new Eagles

Nigeria’s loss to Uganda in Wednesday’s international friendly in Uyo has been put down to the lack of understanding between the players who didn't have enough time to gel together before the game.
AA Gent attacker, Moses Simon, who came in as a second half substitute is optimistic that the squad has enough quality to pull through as the players get to know each other better on the pitch with subsequent games.
“It wasn't how one would want to start his international career, but it happens like this sometimes,”Simon, who made his debut in the game told supersport.com
“We just had a one training session and for me it was even my first time meeting a lot of the players.
“You could see that in our play during the match that we were not used to each other, but I’m not using that as an excuse for the loss. I believe this team has potentials to go places.
“I want to thank the coaches and the fans for their support and I promise to keep doing my best if given the opportunity to serve my country. It was a dream come true for me to make my debut even though it didn't end as I would have loved it to.”he added.
The Cranes of Uganda beat the Super Eagles 1-0 at the Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo on Wednesday. A Miya Farouk deflected goal late in the game was all that separated the two sides.
Nigeria will now travel to South Africa to face the Bafana Bafana on March 29 in another friendly at Nelspruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on