Friday, January 23, 2015

Billiat ready to fire Sundowns to title

Khama Billiat says he is ready to start hitting the back of the net on a more regular basis for Mamelodi Sundowns in the second half of the Absa Premiership season.
After missing the first two months of the campaign with injury, Billiat found his scoring boots towards the end of the year, netting in four consecutive matches in December.
Now he says he is ready to kick-on and have a shot at the Golden Boot award in the PSL this season.
“Two seasons ago while I was still at Ajax, I scored six goals and last year I only scored four due to the long injury lay off that kept me out until the beginning of this season,” he told his club’s website.
“Now already this season I have scored four and created a few for my teammates, even though I started the season on the sidelines. I know I can do better with the second round upon us and during this mid-season break, I’m really working on improving my finishing in front of goals.”
Billiat also contends that the side is still very much in the title race, despite trailing leaders Kaizer Chiefs by 15 points, admittedly with a game in hand.
“Around this time last season we were almost in a similar position and we went on to win the league which makes me really surprised why some people have written us off already,” Billiat said.
“There are still a lot of games to be played and this is football where nothing is guaranteed for anyone. I mean there’s the Nedbank Cup and (African) Champions League matches in the middle of all the league matches and with that said anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on