Saturday, March 14, 2015

Acheampong is new Olympics coach

Great Olympics have announced the appointment of former Real Sociedad midfielder Joachim Yaw Acheampong as new coach.
Acheampong had been without a job since resigning from Inter Allies in January – five months after signing for the club without a competitive match.
“As the Wonder Club opens this new chapter, we are confident that Yaw [Acheampong] is the right person to spearhead the technical direction of the club,” parts of a statement released by the club reads.
“He has a proven ability to create strategic clarity, drive innovation and growth, ensure disciplined and prompt execution, and deliver results. We believe that his passion for excellence will help ensure that Accra Great Olympics continues to climb higher and remain a dominant force in football both in Ghana and Africa,” it added.
The 41-year-old coach whose appointment takes immediate effect, has the herculean task of raising the Great Olympics from the relegation places. They lie second from bottom on the FCPPL log with nine points after 10 games.
“I’m a team coach, and I believe together with the technical team we will fix the problem confronting the team,” Yaw Acheampong said in quotes attributed to him by Daily Guide.
“I am honoured to have been asked to take up this challenge, and confident about the prospects that lie in the future of my new family, the Wonder Club - Accra Great Olympics.
“The team has a lot of quality players. I have set a three-match target, and I believe if we achieve that we will jump from the relegation zone. I watched them play against Kotoko, and I must say they have quality, I want to thank management for the faith reposed in me,” he added.
Acheampong’s appointment lasts till the end of the current season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on