Saturday, March 14, 2015

Duncan savours chance with Kotoko

New Asante Kotoko coach David Duncan has confessed that it would have been criminal on his part not to have joined the club.
The ex-defender, famous for stirring up controversies with remarks about his new employers in the past, made this pronouncement in his introductory address to the team before their first training session upon arrival in Algeria for Saturday’s CAF Champions League, 1/16th stage, first leg match against MC El Eulma.
He feels he has served almost every club within his family lineage and it was fair to one day work as coach of the porcupine warriors before closing the chapter of coaching local clubs.
“In all my coaching life; I have served at my father’s hometown, that’s in the Fanti area. My father is a Fanti. I’ve served where I was raised – where I’ve spent virtually all the days of my life; that’s Accra. I’ve served all the two glamorous, traditional or well-known clubs – Olympics and Hearts. It would have been very criminal not to have served where my mother comes from,” said David Duncan.
“Even before this announcement or this introduction, you had speculated, you had assumed. As a matter of fact, I’m happy to be here. Being amongst you confirms what you have been hearing. I am happy to be here.”
Duncan who is ‘on observer status’ with the team in Algeria would take charge of his official game away to Bechem United in the FCPPL on March 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on