Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Akeem, NPFL's youth corper

Audu Akeem may have left lower division side, ABS, without a title to show for his efforts there, but the striker has a university degree he will continue to cherish.
Today, Akeem belongs to an exclusive list of professional footballers who successfully combined football and education.
“I’m proud to have my degree because I can now concentrate on football. It was a tough assignment,” he told supersport.com.
Call him the Glo Premier League Youth Corper and you won’t be wrong.
“I was deployed to Anambra State, but later redeployed to Kwara State. I had a funfilled experience during the camping exercise and even played as a goalkeeper during the Inter-Platoon football competition,” he said to supersport.com.
Ironically, Akeem’s primary assignment is with his first team ABS, but he plays top flight football with rivals, Kwara United.
Challenges
Despite the challenges, Akeem expressed gratitude to God that he was able to complete his programe at the Unilorin.
“Combining football and education is demanding, but I thank God it’s over now.
“When I’m on the field, I think about lectures and when I’m in class, football occupies my mind.
“In fact, I had to return to Ilorin immediately after a match against First Bank, on a Sunday, because I had a paper to write the following day (Monday),” he told supersport.com.
Kwara United
Akeem is no stranger to Nigeria’s top flight football league as he was part of the historic squad that earned promotion for Bukola Babes (now ABS).
“I’m proud of all we achieved at Bukola Babes. We came to the Premier League and shocked the big names in the league. The fact that we spent more than one season in the top flight is a record considering the age limit of the team.
"However, I’m now with Kwara United and my ambition is to win the league,” he said.
Akeem made his Kwara United debut on match day one at Dolphins.
Exclusive list
Warri Wolves chairman and former Nigeria Premier League boss Davidson Owumi, Afcon 1994 champion Edema Fuludu, Super Eagles goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, League Bloggers Awards (LBA) Ambassador Victor Ezeji, former Enugu Rangers and Enyimba midfielder Sam Ledor, ABS captain Fade Adebayo, Ikechukwu Ibenegbu, Heartland striker Emeka Ogbugh and former Enyimba forward Ezenwa Otorogu amongst others will be listed in the Hall of Fame for combining football and education.
Profile
Full Name: Audu Akeem
Former Club: ABS
Present Club: Kwara United
Honours: Successive Promotion from amateur to Premier League with ABS

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on