Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yakubu set to fire Reading to glory

Former Nigeria international striker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni says he is looking forward to firing Reading to the final of this year’s FA Cup.
Aiyegbeni scored the first goal of his Reading career in February, notching almost immediately after coming off the bench to seal a 2-1 win at Derby County in the fifth round, marking a dream return after a stint playing in China and Qatar.
The 32-year-old has now set his sights on delivering for the Royals in England’s oldest competition insisting that he will continue to plunder goals as long as he gets regular service.
“I always believe, no matter where I’ve played, that I will always score goals. It’s just down to me to take my chance.
“If I can get the chance of 90 minutes then I will take it. I always believe, I always have confidence and I know I can do it.
“Whenever the manager feels it is right for me to play then I will take my chances,” the 32-year-old told www.thefa.com.
Aiyegbeni shocked more than a few when he decided to return to English football from Qatar but he revealed that he always believed a move was always on the cards.
“I never closed the door on coming back to England. I always believe that in football you should never say never.
“I left here two-and-a-half years ago and then I had to chance to come back here and I took it. For me to be here is great – England is one of the best places to play football,” he said.
And having missed out on a Cup Final appearance with Everton in 2009 through injury, he revealed his burning desire to play at the national stadium.
“Yeah I do, I had the chance to do that with Everton but I was injured when we played against Chelsea.
“Now I have the chance to do it again – if we can go through to play at Wembley then it is going to be great. It would be special. Every player wants to play at Wembley,” he said.
League One side Bradford stand between Yakubu and his Reading team-mates realising their aspirations, and although Steve Clarke’s side may be a division higher, the veteran goalscorer knows it will be no easy task to overcome the Bantams at Valley Parade.
“It’s not going to be easy as we still have a game to play. It’s one game and we could be there (at Wembley), but when you look at the team we are going to play, we know they are a good side and they fight for each other.
“They stick together and make it difficult for any players that play against them.
“So we are not getting carried away, we will give it our best and hopefully we can go through.
“We just need to be calm and ready to go on Saturday. It’s not going to be easy, these guys are giantkillers. They fight for each other and make it so difficult. If we give them chances then they are going to punish us – that’s football.
“They’ve had a good run already, and they have a dream too to play at Wembley, but so do we.
“It’s like a dream come true for the players, win one game and you will be at Wembley, and we will give everything to be there,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on