Friday, March 20, 2015

Babadidi to hit India for treatment

Erstwhile Gombe United striker, Mustapha Babadidi, is now expected to travel to India to treat a lingering shin injury which has kept him out of football since 2013.
Babadidi sustained the injury while playing for Gombe United in their match day 8 tie against Enugu Rangers two seasons ago in the Glo Premier League.
He was one of the youngsters tipped to excel in Nigeria's top flight football two seasons ago, but the injury he sustained affected his progress.
Babadidi's name was on the lips of all the football pundits two seasons ago, as he scored 10 goals in his first eight games of the season for Gombe United.
He was tipped to excel for the Nigerian men's national team, the Super Eagles, as he was a 19-year-old then, but the injury he suffered also made his deal to VVV-Venlo to be put on hold.
Babadidi, 21, has been in limbo since his injury, but the petite forward told supersport.com that the next surgery he is going for in India would determine his fate in football.
“I am still feeling some pain in my knee, and it is only when I run that the pain would increase, and that's the reason I could not play football since 2013.
“The first surgery I did then was successful, and I was on the verge of returning to football before I got an accident while riding a motorcycle here in Gombe.
“I would love to play football again, but it is the surgery which I'm going for in India after election that would determine whether I can still play football again or not.
“I feel so sad that I sustained a career-threatening injury at this tender age of my career, but I have no choice than to pray to God to help me,” Babadidi said to supersport.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on