Saturday, March 21, 2015

Khumalo ready for fight at Colchester

Bongani Khumalo has made helping English third-tier side Colchester United stay up his number one priority for the remainder of the season.
The former Bafana Bafana skipper joined the ‘U’s’ on loan from Premiership Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month and has already helped them to a vital 2-0 win over fellow strugglers Yeovil Town.
He says he sees the club’s current perilous position second bottom in the division as a challenge as he seeks to prove form and fitness with his Spurs contract set to come to an end this season.
“I’m always ready for a fight and a challenge. This is an opportunity that’s presented itself and I’m willing to take it with both hands,” Khumalo told reporters.
“I want to play as many games as I can for Colchester and then we’ll look at the future. But the first priority is Colchester - we have targets here which we’ll be working hard towards. I believe everything else will fall into place after that.”
Khumalo was praised for his work on his debut against Yeovil, his first competitive game of football in over a year following a crippling knee injury.
“I’m very pleased to get the points and a clean sheet on my debut. I think we showed good desire and a good fighting spirit, which is what we’ll need for the last nine games.
“This club should stay in this division and the first thing I noticed when I came in was the good upbeat vibe and energy, which is important. There are still a good number of games and it’s still in our hands.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on