Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ogu excited over Eagles recall

Hapoel Be'er Sheva midfielder, John Ogu, is excited at his recall back into the Super Eagles set up and promises to do his best to make sure the team are a force to reckon with again.
The 26-year-old was part of the Super Eagles team to the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup in Brazil but eventually missed the World Cup train as Nigeria exited in the second round and he has not played since then until he was named in the 28-man squad for the upcoming friendlies with Bolivia and South Africa.
Ogu, who has been in good form in the Israeli Ligat Haal says he is grateful for the opportunity and will do his best in the friendly games.
"I'm excited to called up to the Super Eagles. It's every player's dream to wear the colours of his country and I'm no different. It feels great," he told supersport.com
"I've been itching to get back into the team and I'm grateful to the coaches for the opportunity. Wearing the national jersey is very important to me.
"I played in the Mandela Challenge against South Africa in 2013 and we beat them 2-0 on their own turf. I want to do it again."
The former Academica de Coimbra midfielder says he felt bad missing out on the World Cup, because of issues he had at his club at that period, but has put that all behind him and is concentrating on his career with Hapoel Be'er Sheva in Israel.
The midfielder has played 25 matches in all competitions notching up four goals playing from either a defensive position in the midfield or as an attacking midfielder.
"Missing the World Cup hurt a lot, it is every players dream. I felt bad but couldn't do anything about it," Ogu said.
"I supported the team throughout the tournament and was sad we lost out to France. I'm glad I'm playing regularly now.
"Coming to Israel and getting a lot of games has given me back my confidence and I've improved a lot physically. My game has also improved tremendously."
Nigeria's friendly with Bolivia on March 26 in Uyo is in the balance after the South Americans withdrew from the game citing political and security issues.
There has been no official word from the Nigeria Football Federation as regards the cancellation of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on