Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spotlight on Amajimbos star Maluleke

Nelson Maluleke is a player to watch. Having recently returned from captaining the Amajimbos to a solid second-place finish at the recent U17 CAF Championships, Maluleke is one of many players who has the Phumelela-SuperSport United Youth Academy to thank.
Born in Secunda on 1 April 1998, this 16-year-old attacking midfielder realised in primary school that he could make it in the beautiful game and says he has supportive parents, who allowed him to pursue a soccer career.
“My home life was a busy one with two brothers aged 21 and 15 and two sisters aged 17 and 11. From a young age it was, and still is, my ambition to play for and captain Bafana Bafana. I am currently in matric at the Holy Trinity School in Atteridgeville with my favourite subject being Tourism,” said Maluleke.
Listing his favourite player as Xavi from FC Barcelona, the youngster says that there’s nothing better than playing for your country. When asked about the U17 CAF tournament, he says the best part was South Africa doing so well, only losing to Mali in the final and having the opportunity to play against Nigeria, Mali and Ivory Coast.
“There’s no doubt that I have the Phumelela-SuperSport United Youth Academy to thank for my journey thus far. I hope to reward them by working hard and staying focused in all of my training sessions. In order to stay ahead of the other players, I try to do my own personal training which seems to be working well for me thus far,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on