Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Predictor tips FC Taraba to stay top

I still think it is still early days in the season in the Nigeria Professional Football League [NPFL] for any title talk just yet. So far, upstarts FC Taraba have enjoyed a 100 per cent start to the season, winning their two opening matches.
But there is still the like of Kano Pillars, Enyimba and Heartland who I believe will contend for the title this time round. For this weekend, the NPFL has a number of interesting match-ups in Aba, Bauchi, Port Harcourt and the southeast derby in Nnewi.
Two games are off the board this weekend. Kano Pillars are on the continent to face Moghreb Tetouan in an away tie while Dolphins are finding their way back their base in batches after Caf threw out their protest of being walked over at Club Africain in the Confederation Cup.
The top flight in Nigeria has already produced 34 goals, and I am expecting that the 40-goal mark will be surpassed this week without a doubt. I also expect FC Taraba to stay top of the pile and keep their 100 per cent start to the campaign.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Wikki Tourists v Kwara United [Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium]
Kwara United have started the season in sparkling form, but whether they will maintain that rhythm is what I doubt as I have seen them do this before and end up struggling at the bottom half of the board. But I cannot forget that seven-goal thriller of 2009 of this same fixture that saw the Harmony Warriors pull off a 4-3 win.
Of course I expect that the Tourists will be wary of that 2009 result and will do enough to avoid a repeat. Kwara United do have some attacking personnel like Segun Alebiosu, Evans Iyoro and the Gata brothers, Adeshina and Ismaila. But their accuracy at goal remains an issue for me considering how they frittered away scoring chances against El-Kanemi last weekend. If Victor Yakubu starts then Kwara United's defence will have their hands full and I expect him to star in Wikki's win.
My prediction: 2-0
Sharks v Akwa United [Liberation Stadium]
It was surprising to me last season as I watched Akwa United complete the double over Sharks including that 2-1 win in the Garden City when goals from Godspower Aniefiok and Ezekiel Bassey ensured that the Uyo club raced into a two-goal lead before Fortune Omoniwari halved the deficit.
Unfortunately I will advise Akwa United faithful to keep their hopes modest this time as they have lost most of their attacking players to the moneybags in the league. Sharks might be underachievers but I am backing them to shake off their stuttering start to the campaign and claim a win. They have got men who can finish off any team in Frederick Obomate and Bode Daniel.
My prediction: 3-0
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Enyimba v Bayelsa United [Enyimba Sports Stadium]
The Peoples Elephant may have started with two draws out of two, I still will refuse to write them off. The depth in their squad says it all, but they need to start scoring goals now if they ever want to become the first Nigerian club to win that seventh record league title at the end of this season.
Bayelsa United do not have an expansive playing personnel that can go shoulder to shoulder with Enyimba. Last season when they even had Peter Ebimobowei [now with Al Ahly] and their head coach, Solomon Ogbeide, attempted a gung-ho style, they were trampled upon by the Peoples Elephant 4-0 in this same fixture. Chimezie Amanfor, Mfon Udoh, Nzube Anaezemba and Emeka Nwanna all starred on that day. I doubt if Bayelsa United will cope with the pace of Enyimba's front men.
My prediction: 2-0
FC Taraba v Lobi Stars [Jolly Nyame Stadium]
I am sure early season leaders, FC Taraba, will relish the chance of winning three in three. So far they are the surprise team of the season after pulling off that 1-0 win at Akwa United on match day having edged Rangers 3-2 on the opening day.
Lobi have taken two points from their first two games of the season. Their head coach, Justin Tenger is already calling for patience with the team but they will be up for a good test from FC Taraba. Last season, they lost this same clash two-nil with Abdulmalik Mohammed netting both goals, and the striker has formed quite an impressive understanding with Bobby Abel and Usman Mohammed, which has produced four goals in two games. I wil not bet against FC Taraba.
My prediction: 2-1
Gabros FC v Enugu Rangers [Beverly Hills Hotel Stadium]
Rangers despite bringing in Kelechi Emeteole as head coach are yet to impress me. I had expected them to come off the game at FC Taraba with a result but they fell short, and last weekend just edged Sharks 2-1. I expect Gabros to squeeze them in this contest - the first top flight clash between the two sides in 10 years.
I have looked up the records between these two clubs and Rangers have been dominant in the premier league era, winning four out of their six previous meetings and losing just once. Though I am not impressed with the kind of start put by the Flying Antelopes, I still reckon they can pull off a result at Gabros in this southeast derby.
My prediction: 1-1
Giwa FC v Sunshine Stars [Rwang Pam Stadium]
Englishman Paul Ashworth has started well with Sunshine Stars after taking four points out of six in such a difficult league. But his men will have to do better than their 0-1 loss at Giwa FC last season.
The Jos Elephant, as Giwa FC, are called have not put in that swashbuckling style of football that saw them finish in the top six last season. I do have my fears for Giwa FC this term because their players look like they are not up for the fight. This, I think, presents Sunshine Stars the chance to leave Jos with a result.
My prediction: 0-0
El-Kanemi Warriors v Abia Warriors [Sani Abacha Stadium]
The two teams clash in Kano in only their third NPFL meeting. Last season, El-Kanemi eased past Abia Warriors 2-0 but I am expecting a different outcome this time - a tight contest at that. Abia Warriors may have lost their captain, Chima Uluocha and influential striker, Peter Onyekachi, I believe they can march El-Kanemi, who I am confident will just edge this match by the odd goal.
My prediction: 1-0
Heartland v Nasarawa United [Dan Anyiam Stadium]
Heartland still have the demons of failing to win their opening home league games hanging over their heads. The last time they won their first home game of the season was in January 2012 when they defeated ABS FC 2-1. Since then they have lost 1-2 to Nembe City [in 2013] and draw 1-1 with Dolphins [in 2014].
I still remember Nasarawa United were among the four teams that took parts away from the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Heartland's first four home matches. But Heartland have hit the ground running this time with a 2-1 win at 3SC. I am not expecting them to stumble now but they should end that opening home game hoodoo this Sunday.
My prediction: 2-1
•The Predictor had a slight improvement in his forecast by notching up four correct results including two perfect scores from nine matches from match day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on