Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Konko snubs Morocco, Senegal

French player, Abdoulay Konko, has announced he will not play for either the Morocco or the Senegal national teams as a mark of respect for his parents.
Konko, 31, born to a Senegalese father and a Moroccan mother, has been invited by the nations of his parents.
But right wing back announced that he will not wear the colours of Morocco and Senegal despite being the nations of his parents.
"I got calls from Morocco and Senegal but I decided I will not play for both of them. My dad is Senegalese and he will be angry if I played for Morocco and the same for mother who will be angry if I played for Senegal. Indeed I don't want to make any of them angry. I know my decision is not wise but I took it and by the way I did not receive any call to play for the France national team," Konko said.
Konko, who plays for Lazio, started his career in 2004 with Juventus and later moved to clubs like Siena, Genoa and Sevilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your comment about your football hero, their fashion style, like who dresses most, who drink most ,who hang out most like going to club , who plays with woman most and so on